Coos Bay ChapterThe Coos Bay Chapter is dedicated to the protection of oceans, waves and beaches in the greater Coos County area More Details
- OctoberFish is a community event in support of the Charleston food bank. Open to people of all ages and walks of life, Octoberfish suggests a $1 or 3 cans of food donation for entry into the festival.
- OctoberFish celebrates Charleston culture, art, people, history, and music! Local musicians play throughout the event and local vendors share their wares. Various groups including South Slough Estuarine Research Reserve and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife contribute educational displays for all ages.
- This event is produced by volunteers, and is sponsored by the Coos Bay chapter of the Surfrider Foundation.
- OctoberFish is home to the Tuna Guys! They will be serving up a real taste of Charleston and our local caught delicacies. This year they will be demonstrating how tuna are cleaned!
- Octoberfish is home to the apple press! Each year volunteers supply apples that are then squished into a delicious cider for all to share!
Where: Charleston School
When: October 5th 12-5pm
Sponsors: Star of Hope, Surfrider Foundation – Coos Bay Chapter, Dutch Bros Coffee
Stand UP! For the Bay is a community paddle event, and celebration of national estuaries day. A paddle route will be designed for the day’s conditions. Participants will launch from the northern public dock, and from the Eastside boat launch. After the paddle route is complete, a luau and information fair will be held on the boardwalk. Food will be served by local vendors, and alcohol will be provided by Sharkbites Cafe, and the 7 Devils Brewing Co. A paddle board jousting event will follow the community paddle as well as live music!
Where: Coos Bay Boardwalk
When: September 28, 9:00am