Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be enrolled in a Coos County High School.
• Must be a current high school senior
• Preference will be given to an individual who is pursuing a career in an environmental science or natural science profession such as Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Rangeland Management, Environmental Policy, Fish or Wildlife Management, Biology, Botany, Zoology, or other related fields.
• Must be enrolled in a college or university in Oregon.
• Has demonstrated interest or activities related to environmental or natural sciences. Documented participation in Oregon Beach Cleanups, Surfrider Blue Water Task Force, STEP Hatchery Programs, and etc.
• It’s a plus to have interests in surfing, kayaking, and the enjoyment of the ocean.
The Coos Bay Chapter of Surfrider will award this Scholarship to at least one candidate of its choosing that demonstrates a commitment to study and a passion for natural sciences. Scholarship applications and official announcement can be downloaded below. Complete applications and supporting documentation must be postmarked to Coos Bay Chapter of Surfrider, PO Box 682, Coos Bay, OR 97420 by May 3, 2014 to be eligible for consideration.